Why not make these super easy, no bake bars bursting with flavour and natural energy ready for the week? Great for lunchboxes, pre or post gym fuel, or even as a delicious sweet treat after dinner – whenever you fancy something chocolatey!
Oats, dates, chia seeds, coconut, ginger and pineapple is a winner of a combination, especially when paired with dark chocolate flavoured with ginger to keep that tropical vibe going. Add dried mango in place of pineapple if you fancy!
- 150g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 50g dried pineapple
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (I used Clarks)
- 100g coconut oil, melted (I used LucyBee)
- 200g rolled oats (I used Quaker Oats)
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 100g coconut chips
- 3 tablespoons white chia seeds (I used The Chia Company)
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean Just Ginger)
- Coconut chips and cacao nibs, to decorate
- Drain the dates and add to a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen) along with the dried pineapple, honey or maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until fully combined.
- Add the oats, ginger, coconut chips and chia seeds and pulse a few times until combined.
- Press into a lined 7x7in tin and place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate. Pour over to cover, sprinkle over coconut chips and cacao nibs then chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Remove from the tin and onto a chopping board. Cut into bars and enjoy! Keep the bars in the fridge for up to 1 week.