I love a simple recipe where you can bang a load of ingredients in a bowl, whack it in a tin and bake – then out it comes, looking pretty and even better, tastes amazing! This mixture can be made into muffins, donuts, even a cake – either way the result is a moist sponge studded with berries, peach and chunks of chocolate for an indulgent but healthy treat.
Swap out the peaches for apricots or even hard fruit like chopped up pear or apple, stick to one berry like raspberries, blueberries or cherries, or even add in some orange zest for a delicious zesty twist. To make this a chocolate loaf, add in 40g cacao or cocoa powder and add in an extra few tablespoons of milk.
- 100g oat flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online
- 50g barley flour
- 2 scoops berry vegan protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 100g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml almond milk (I used Alpro)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I used Loving Foods)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g frozen berries
- ½ can peaches in fruit juice, drained and chopped
- 50g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean Mandarin & Ginger)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, protein powder, sweetener and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Stir in berries, peaches and chocolate then spoon into the tin and smooth out.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until firmed up. Leave to cool in the tin then remove, slice and serve!