I love a dessert recipe that is easy to make, doesn’t involve too many complicated ingredients and results in a rich, decadent sweet treat that’s super chocolatey! Simply whizz up the base ingredients that you also use for the topping, whizz up the sweet potato-based filling, chill in the fridge and there you go!
For the base + topping –
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g mixed seeds/nuts (I used Whitworths)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder (I used Bioglan)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
For the chocolate filling –
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 20g cocoa powder
- 30g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 3 tablespoons smooth almond butter (I used Meridian)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First make the base and topping by mixing together the ingredients in a bowl until coated. Leave the bowl in the fridge to chill (the mixture will clump together).
- Cook the sweet potato chunks until softened then drain and cool. Add to a blender with the other ingredients and whizz up until thick and smooth.
- Divide half the base mixture between 4-6 small ramekin dishes to fill ⅓. Add a generous portion of the sweet potato chocolate mixture to fill almost to the top, then sprinkle over the remaining base mixture. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Drizzle with a little melted chocolate if you wish – and enjoy!