Another recipe that can definitely be served for breakfast as well as dessert – because you know, it contains fruit, oats, nuts, good fats, not too much sugar and…a cheeky bit of gut-friendly OhSo chocolate! Simple to whip up, use whatever fruit you have in the fridge, fruit bowl or freezer – it’s a really good recipe to adapt. Serve up hot or cold, either by itself or with something extra like yogurt, ice cream, custard or chocolat sauce, yum! 😉
For the base –
- 2 large pears, cored and chopped
- 200g frozen berries
- 3 tablespoons no added sugar raspberry or strawberry jam (I used Skinny Food Co)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
For the crumble –
- 200g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g flaked almonds
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or Sweet Freedom syrup
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 x bars Oh So dark chocolate with raspberries, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the fruit, jam and flour and spread across the dish in an even layer.
- Mix together the oats, protein powder, almonds, syrup and oil and ¾ of the chocolate chunks. Scatter over the fruit evenly in a generous layer. Add remaining chocolate then bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold!