These have to be the cutest, most colourful brownies you’ll find – ideal for kids, adults, all ages! The brownie mixture is secretly healthy (sweet potatoes are in the mix, plus they are vegan friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free), and the topping adds that wonderful element of fun thanks to Doisy & Dam’s healthier ‘Smarties’ (Drops). Crunchy, vibrant and delicious, they are the perfect topping for these rich, dense brownie treats – any chocoholic’s dream! 🙂
For the brownies –
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked and blended
- 100g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 100g plain GF flour (I used Dove’s Farm Free From)
- 40g cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- 100g sweetener (I used Purevia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250ml milk of choice (I used Oatly)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting –
- 3 tablespoons almond or cashew butter (I used Meridian Foods)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Doisy & Dam Drops, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Mix together the ground almonds, flour, cacao powder, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the sweet potato puree with the milk, oil and vanilla and pour into the mixture and mix well to form a chocolate batter. Spoon this into the tin and smooth out. Bake for 20 minutes until firm then leave to cool and remove from the tin.
- Meanwhile make the frosting – beat together the nut butter, syrup, cacao powder and milk until quite thick and smooth. Spread this over the top to cover then cut into 9 squares. Arrange some drops on top of each – then enjoy!