After all of the fun, food and festivities, you might be looking for some slightly more healthier (but still enjoyable) treats to snack on throughout the day and to keep you fuelled up. Continuing the winter, gingerbread theme, these infused protein bars are spiked with dark chocolate chips and finished with a delightful almond butter and maple drizzle!
- 100g oat flour (I whizzed up Quaker Oats)
- 80g gluten-free flour (I used Dove’s Farm Freee)
- 20g protein powder (or just extra flour – I used Bioglan Super Protein)
- 100g coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Company)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml almond milk
- 50ml maple syrup (I used Pure Maple)
- 50ml almond butter (I used Meridian)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g dark chocolate chips
For the drizzle –
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Mix together the flours, protein powder, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, syrup, almond butter, egg and vanilla then pour into the bowl and ¾ of the chocolate chips and mix to form a batter.
- Spread this out into the tin and sprinkle over the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden then leave to cool. Then slice into 9-12 bars and place on a wire rack.
- Whisk together the almond butter, syrup and milk then drizzle over each. Enjoy!