Simple but effective recipes for summer are what you need when it’s too hot to bake and you want a delicious treat to cool down in the sunshine. Whizz up an oaty base, top with a coconut berry layer then finish with a yogurt vanilla and decorate with colourful berries and boom, grab out of the freezer and enjoy! You could use any berries you have to hand, and make the base or yogurt layer a chocolate one by adding in 4 tablespoons cocoa powder to the mixture. Sprinkle some flaked almonds or coconut chips before placing in the freezer for an extra nutty crunch too!
For the base –
- 150g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g coconut flour (I used The Coconut Company)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
For the coconut layer –
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100g desiccated coconut (I used Whitworths)
- 3 tablespoons Bioglan Superberries Powder
For the topping –
- 250g soft cheese (can be dairy-free)
- 4 tablespoons sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pomegranate seeds and frozen berries to decorate
- First make the base, place the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Press into a lined tin or tub evenly and place in the fridge.
- Melt the coconut oil and syrup then stir in the coconut and berries powder and mix well. Spread over the top in an even layer then place in the freezer.
- Blend the soft cheese, sweetener, coconut flour and vanilla until smooth then spread over the coconut layer, Sprinkle over the berries and pom seeds then freeze for 2 hours.
- Pop out of the freezer 15 minutes beforehand and remove from the tub/tin. Cut into bars or bites then enjoy!