This one’s such a great recipe for the whole family, and kids will love getting involved in making these (secretly healthier) snack bars. A mixture of oats, rice crispies and bananas for a natural energy boost, with nut butter for good fats and chocolate thrown in for good measure alongside some no added sugar Smarties for a pop of colour, these treats would make a great after school / sport / exericse snack for young ones and adults alike.
For the flapjack –
- 250g oats (I used Flahavan’s)
- 30g rice crispies
- 40g cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Manilife)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Maple From Canada)
- 1 mashed banana
- 60g no added sugar Smarties (I used Hey Foodies)
- Melted peanut butter, to drizzle
- Mix together the oats, rice crispies and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup then add in the mashed banana. Pour into the bowl and mix well together. Stir in most of the Smarties.
- Spread into a lined 9x9in baking tin and sprinkle over remaining Smarties. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, cut into bars then allow to cool completely.
- Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack. Drizzle with peanut butter then enjoy!