Say hello to this absolute winner of a combination for a cake: A rich, indulgent brownie topped with juicy pears and sticky caramel glaze…Wow! Working in collaboration with Nature’s Charm using their incredible (and dangerously addictive) vegan caramel coconut sauce, this recipe would be perfect for a special celebration, a weekend bake, or even just for a midweek treat! Apples would work just as well as pears, and extra nuts sprinkled on top towards the end of baking would add an even more delicious crunch!
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate
- 300ml Nature’s Charm condensed oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 pears, diced
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and dark chocolate then set aside to cool a little. Pour into the bowl along with the condensed oat milk and vanilla, and mix to form a batter.
- Spoon this into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin (loose bottom if possible) then spoon over the caramel sauce. Use a knife to swirl around.
- Scatter over the chopped pears, then the chocolate. Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until risen, firm and golden, then leave to cool.
- Remove from the tin, slice and serve!