I could probably make this recipe over and over again, these bars are sooooo good!! One of my all-time favourite flavour combinations: raspberries, white chocolate and an oaty flapjack crumble, make up these easy-to-bake, energy packed bars. With lower sugar than other bars out there, they would make a great mid morning or mid afternoon snack, or a wonderful dessert with ice cream!
For the base and topping –
- 100g dates
- 100g smooth nut butter
- 50g coconut oil
- 250g oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the jam and spread –
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons sweetener
- 6 teaspoons white chocolate no added sugar spread
- First soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes then place in a blender along with the other base and topping ingredients and blend until a flapjack mixture has formed.
- Press ¾ into a lined 9x9in baking tin and press down evenly.
- Meanwhile place the berries and sweetener in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes then remove and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Spread this over the base then dot around the chocolate spread and swirl gently. Sprinkle over the remaining topping mixture then bake for 20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool the place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pop out of the fridge, cut into 12 then enjoy!