These super easy to make, no bake treats have getting the kids involved written all over them. An ideal balance of slow release energy, healthy fats, plenty of flavour and packed full of fibre too, you could change up the mixture depending on what you have in the cupboards – swap cornflakes for rice crispies, dried apricots for raisins, throw in some pumpkin seeds…It’s up to you (and the little ones) and what you fancy! Great for after school snacks (or a grab and go breakfast option).
- 150g dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150g oats
- 50g rice crispies
- 50g raisins
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 10 minutes to soak.
- Drain then add to a blender or food processor with the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup and blend until a paste forms.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients well to form a slightly sticky mixture that binds together.
- Either roll into balls and place on a lined board or tin, or fill cupcake cases with some of the mixture. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour, then keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.