Pumpkin and squashes are synonymous to autumn for me, so with some of the Provamel yogurt sweetened with agave syrup still left over, I wanted to try out a pumpkin pie style winter warmer recipe. Making a gluten-free almond ‘pastry’ and a delicious filling of allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin and remaining yogurt was a success – the only thing I didn’t do was grease the muffin tins so unfortunately I don’t have a lovely photo of the finished result! Lesson learnt for next time…
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Few tbsp of almond milk
For the filling –
- About 300g cooked pumpkin (either fresh or cheat – out of a can!)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Provamel soya yogurt sweetened with agave
- 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 1 tsp mixed spices: allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Make the dough: Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well to form a soft dough, with enough milk to bring it all together. Grease (!) 6 muffins tins and press mixture in, leaving an even hole for the filling. Make sure the whole case is covered in dough, bake for 5-8 minutes until starting to go golden.
2) Blend all filling ingredients in a blender so well mixed. Remove tartlet cases from oven, pour mixture in each case evenly to fill, then return to oven for another 10-12 minutes, until pumpkin filling has set and tartlets are golden. Remove and leave to cool – or eat warm, that’s up to you!
Check out my two other Winter Warmer recipes using Provamel soya yogurts: Layered Spiced Apple & Vanilla Crumble Pot and Warm Superfood Salad with Beetroot Relish #IndulgingInnocently