I’d been looking to try making baked oats for a while, so armed with a selection of Jim Jams spreads, I thought this would be the ideal time. Together with vanilla, banana and coconut flavours, I used the low sugar raspberry spread to combine with oats and protein powder for a simple but nutritious packed breakfast. There are so many ways you could adapt flavours, but this one works wonderfully for breakfast, brunch, snack or supper!
Ingredients (for 2):
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup nut or hemp milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp Jim Jams lower sugar Raspberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- Mix your oats with the milk and leave for 5 minutes for the oats to soften. Then gently mix in the rest of the ingredients apart from the jam.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish, then add dots of the jam around evenly. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden and ‘set’. Remove from the oven, dish up and enjoy! Serve with extra jam, berries and yogurt if you wish.