Imagine an indulgent cheesecake with a crunchy biscuit base and creamy vanilla filling, spiked with berry flavours…That’s unhealthy, right? Wrong! This variation on the classic high fat, high sugar cheesecake is made using a low carb, gluten-free and low sugar base, with a delicious fat-free topping with added protein. Thanks to Jim Jams reduced sugar jams, this still has a sweet taste but without the added calories – winner!
Chia biscuit base –
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom (or agave syrup, honey)
Berry filling –
- 250g Quark (fat-free soft cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup natural sweetener
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 2 tbsp Jim Jams reduced sugar Raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp Jim Jams reduced sugar Blackcurrant jam
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a loose-bottomed round tin and line it if you wish.
- Put the dry ingredients for the base in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil and stir in the Sweet Freedom, then pour in and mix well until a dough is formed. Press this into your tin and make sure the base is covered and spread evenly. Bake for just under 10 minutes until it starts to go golden.
- Meanwhile put all of the filling ingredients, apart from the jam, in a blender and whizz up until you have a smooth texture. Remove cheesecake base from the oven and pour in the mixture. Drop teaspoonfuls of both jams around and swirl around to create an effect while making sure it’s evenly spread. Return to oven for about 30-40 minutes, until it is just about set. Remove and leave to cool.
- Keep your cheesecake in the fridge and chill until required. Serve with fresh fruit or just by itself!