Chocolate and orange go together like yin and yang; they compliment and balance out each others’ qualities, in this case the sweetness and richness of the chocolate with the tart, tangy flavour from using Jim Jam’s reduced sugar Marmalade. A moist, gluten-free muffin encases a surprise burst of this orange-packed fruit spread, with a creamy, high protein icing to finish these delectable and healthy treats, ideal for all ages!
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup natural sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ – ½ cup nut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2 tbsp Jim Jams reduced sugar marmalade
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp Jim Jams no added sugar Milk Chocolate spread
- ½ cup natural yogurt
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease 6 muffin tins well.
- In a large bowl add the dry muffin ingredients and stir well.
- Blend together the eggs, milk and coconut oil until smooth, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well, until you have a thick batter-like consistency.
- Spoon some of the mixture into each tin, filling it half way and make a slight hole in the middle. Add a very small teaspoon full of marmalade in each cavity, making sure this stays in the middle and the chocolate mixture surrounds it.
- Top with the remaining mixture, ensure each muffin is covered, and bake for around 15 minutes until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- While cooling, beat together your topping ingredients and keep in the fridge to firm up and set.
- When ready to serve, remove each muffin, spoon over the topping onto each one and if you like, add a little more marmalade for an extra zesty boost!