If you’re a fan of chocolate, banana AND ginger, this is the loaf for you. Sugar cravings hit mid-afternoon? Need a sweet treat to keep you going? Well, a slice of this delicious, moist loaf should do the trick! Simply whizz up some of the ingredients, mix together, bang in the oven and BOOM – there you go. Containing very little fat, packed full of protein and goodness from the pureed fruit and antioxidant-boosting cacao powder, this is a winner for any office or gym!
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ cup cooked apple slices (I get mine from Tesco)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup natural sweetener (I used Truvia stevia)
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (I used PhD Nutrition)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- ⅓ cup organic cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 x small Sukrin no added sugar milk chocolate bars, chopped into very small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and grease and line a loaf tin, a silicone one would be ideal.
- Place the cooked apple slices, banana, eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract into a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetener, protein powder, flours, cacao powder, baking powder and ginger. Stir in the chocolate pieces to coat.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and fold in gently until you have a thick batter. Transfer this to your loaf tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Drizzle with something like date nectar (Beloved is my favourite) and sprinkle with a little extra ginger – now slice up and serve!
Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.