If you’re a fan of chocolate, banana AND ginger, this is the loaf for you. Sugar cravings hit mid-afternoon? Need a sweet treat to keep you going? Well, a slice of this delicious, moist loaf should do the trick! Simply whizz up some of the ingredients, mix together, bang in the oven and BOOM – there you go. Containing very little fat, packed full of protein and goodness from the pureed fruit and antioxidant-boosting cacao powder, this is a winner for any office or gym!
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ cup cooked apple slices (I get mine from Tesco)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup natural sweetener (I used Truvia stevia)
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (I used PhD Nutrition)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- ⅓ cup organic cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 x small Sukrin no added sugar milk chocolate bars, chopped into very small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and grease and line a loaf tin, a silicone one would be ideal.
- Place the cooked apple slices, banana, eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract into a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetener, protein powder, flours, cacao powder, baking powder and ginger. Stir in the chocolate pieces to coat.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and fold in gently until you have a thick batter. Transfer this to your loaf tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Drizzle with something like date nectar (Beloved is my favourite) and sprinkle with a little extra ginger – now slice up and serve!
Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Don’t forget the follow PhD Nutrition and PhD Woman (part of the brand) over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube! Check out my other protein recipes especially for the brands over here.