A wee while ago you may have seen my Banana, Caramel & Tiger Nut Bars recipe using Tiger Nuts tiger nut flour, milled from Premium Organic Tiger Nuts on their farm in Spain. Offering a wonderful nutty flavour to recipes, this time I have used it in another banana-based recipe (this combo works amazingly well!), a substantial loaf packed full of goodness from dates, linseeds, walnuts and nut butter. Enjoy for breakfast or as a snack when energy levels are suffering – a slice of this is sure to perk you up!
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then drained
- 2 tablespoons date nectar (I used Beloved)
- 1 heaped tablespoon nut butter (I used Meridian almond butter)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup Tiger Nut tiger nut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds (I used Linwoods)
- 2 teaspoons lucuma powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Place the bananas, dates, nut butter, almond milk and vanilla in a blender (I use my Nutrininja Auto IQ) and whizz up until smooth.
- Mix together the flours, lucuma powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, flaxseeds and chopped walnuts in a bowl.
- Pour in the banana mixture and stir to combine – you should have a smooth and quite thick batter with nice chunks of walnuts distributed throughout.
- Spoon this into your loaf tin, smooth out the top and bake for about 40-45 minutes, until risen and golden brown (cover with foil halfway through baking to prevent burning).
- Leave in the tin to cool, then turn out onto a board and drizzle with a little more date nectar and add a few more walnuts on top. Slice up and dig in!
Keep any remaining slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Check out my other Tiger Nut recipe over here! 🙂