You might have come across the colourful, fun and vibrant Perkier! brand at health food events or tried their delicious gluten-free, wheat-free and vegan-friendly snack bars – if you haven’t, you absolutely must (read my review over here)! Packed full of goodness, fibre and protein without any nasties, it’s been a pleasure to create some recipes using these tasty treats.
Here’s a super easy breakfast idea ready in 5 minutes. Just like the bars, this contains no dairy, gluten, wheat or refined sugars and makes that first meal in the morning a little more exciting. I used the new tropical-inspired Coconut & Chia flavour in this refreshing creation – use whatever fruits you have in the fridge, or even add cacao/cocoa powder to the banana ice cream (remove the lime and add almond milk) for a chocolatey twist 😉 Enjoy!
- 1 x Perkier Coconut & Chia Quinoa Bar, broken up into small pieces
- 2 frozen bananas
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Chopped fresh mango
- Pomegranate seeds
- Layer the fruit at the bottom of a tumbler glass, then scatter over ½ the crumbled Perkier bar.
- Place the frozen bananas in a blender along with the lime juice and coconut milk. Blend until thick and smooth, then spoon over.
- Top with extra pomegranate seeds, then the remaining broken-up Perkier bar. Now tuck in!