You may have seen my post recently featuring North West-based family-run business (going for over 70 years!), Creamline Dairies, where I shared a classic Shepherd’s Pie recipe using some of the groceries and meat as part of their #bestoflocal campaign. The dairy’s doorstep delivery service combines all that’s great about the traditional milk round, with a relevant, hassle-free online service and an extended range of products. Modernising the image of the milk round, it’s not just milk that the dairy delivers, but a full range of fridge and store cupboard essentials that would normally call for a trip to the convenience store. Here’s what I ordered:
Using the huge, fresh avocados and plump, juicy strawberries I was keen to create a sweet recipe using these goodies – so say hello to this beautiful vegan, dairy-free, no refined sugar and gluten-free tart which shows off the creamy avocado discreetly blended into the chocolate filling. Great to boost the nutrient content of a dessert without even realising!
For the tart base –
- 200g biscuits (I used Rhythm 108 gluten,dairy and refined sugar-free almond biscuits)
- 75g coconut oil, melted (I used Lucybee)
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter (I used Meridian)
For the filling –
- 2 large avocados from Creamline, halved
- 1 x 350g pack silken tofu
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Lucybee)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (I used Alpro)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Fresh strawberries from Creamline, to decorate
- First make the base: Place the biscuits into a food processor or blender (I use my Ninja Kitchen) and whizz up until broken down into crumbs. Now add the coconut oil and tahini or almond butter and pulse so the mixture comes together.
- Tip out into a loose-bottomed tart tin and use your fingers to press across the bottom evenly and up the sides to cover. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Next make the filling: Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz up until completely smooth and quite thick. Spoon this into the firmed up tart case and decorate with strawberry halves. Return to the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove from the tin, place onto a board, slice and serve!
Look out for more recipes featuring Creamline products and also an exciting competition to win some goodies! Follow Creamline on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram 🙂