Can you believe that summer is nearly over? Gone is the heatwave we enjoyed for three months and instead we’re thinking about going back to school/work, digging the boats and coats out and welcoming autumn with pumpkin lattes at the ready. I don’t know about you but the change in weather and seasons really affects my immune system and even the hint of a cold hits me hard, despite eating copious amounts of fruit and vegetables and looking after myself!
That’s why Unbeelievable Bee Prepared MAX Strength Immune Support capsules are ideal to take alongside a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle during cold and flu season, as well as during exams, travelling, or sports and fitness training. The research-based formula combines unique ingredients not usually found in a regular diet or multivitamin – for instance: bee propolis, black elderberry, olive leaf, acerola cherry, beta glucans, astaxanthin and reishi mushroom. Plant based and approved by the Vegetarian Society, Bee Prepared Immune Support capsules are made in the UK and can be found in health food stores or Boots.
Here’s how a well-functioning immune system can help you body:
- Fight colds, flu and illness
- Reduce hay fever symptoms
- Keep illness at bay whilst travelling
- Decrease breakouts and eczema
- Muscle recovery after sports and fitness training
- Manage inflammation
I’ve worked with these guys before on an immune-boosting recipe as well as an energising one for dads-to-be (before Thomas was born!) so it’s great to create another nutrient-packed dish. This smoothie bowl includes ingredients shown to help cognitive function – cacao, avocado, walnuts and pomegranate – as well as the contents of the capsules, making it a great one to whizz up at any time of year when a wellness boost is calling!
WELLNESS BOOSTING SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 large frozen banana
- 100g frozen blueberries or blackberries
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate concentrate
- 2 capsules Unbeeliveable Health Bee Prepared Max Strength Immune Formula
- 100ml coconut water
Cacao walnut energy balls –
- 100g dates
- 50g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
Extra toppings –
- Pomegranate seeds
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Bee pollen
- First prep the energy balls: Place all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz up for a good few minutes until a slightly sticky mixture forms. Scrape out and divide into about 10 and use your hands to roll into small balls. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the smoothie bowl, break open the Unbeelievable Health capsules and place in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend well until quite thick and smooth – you want an ice cream consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl and arrange your toppings (including a few of the energy balls) to make it look pretty. Now dig in and enjoy!