Want a healthy, delicious snack bar to give you loads of energy? These no-bake treats are exactly what you need! Packed ful of oats, seeds and dates with a zingy hint of ginger and finished with a cheeky drizzle of dark chocolate, they are bursting with goodness and flavour to keep you going throughout the day, whatever you’re doing. Enjoy!
- 200g oats (I used Freee Foods)
- 100g salted caramel mixed seeds (I used Whitworths)
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (black or white – I used The Chia Company)
- [Optional: 2 scoops vegan ginger protein powder – I used Free Soul]
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 4 tablespoons nut butter (I used Nutcessity)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup or Sweet Freedom)
- Dark chocolate, to drizzle (I used Montezuma’s)
- Grease and line a 9x9in baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the oats, seeds, chia seeds [protein powder] and ginger in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup in a pan then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the tin and press down well, packing in tight. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over. Return to the fridge for a further 2 hours to set.
- Pop out the tin and onto a chopping board. Cut into 12-16 slices and enjoy!