When it feels like you’re having dessert for breakfast, that can only be a good thing right?! And this dish of blueberry and coconut baked oats tastes like just that – warming, comforting, delicious and packed full of flavour, bursting with juicy blueberries matched with a hint of coconut. Yum! This is equally as good hot or cold, whatever you fancy. Also feel free to try with raspberries, cherries or other berries.
- 200g oats (I used Quaker Oats)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 75g sweetener (I used Truvia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 200ml milk of choice (I used Mighty Pea dairy-free)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g frozen blueberries
- Coconut chips
- Mix the oats with 100ml boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes in a large bowl.
- Add in the coconut, sweetener, baking powder, mashed banana, milk, egg and vanilla then mix well. Stir in half of the blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish then scatter over the remaining blueberries and some coconut chips. Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes then leave to stand for 5 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold!