Who knew that blitzing some ‘boring’ plain rice cakes and mixing them with some other ingredients could result in some super tasty treats for all ages to enjoy? Pre or post workout, afternoon snacks for the kids, or easy to grab for breakfast on the go, you could add in whatever dried fruit, nuts and/or seeds you have to hand – switch up raisins for chopped dried apricots or dates, throw in some pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Nooj cashew paste (or cashew butter)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 6 large plain rice cakes
- 3 tablespoons raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
To decorate –
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Nooj cashew paste (or cashew butter)
- 20g white chocolate (can be dairy-free)
- Dessicated coconut
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Melt the oil, cashew paste and syrup then stir in the vanilla.
- Blitz the rice cakes until broken down then add to a bowl with the raisins and chopped chocolate. Pour in the melted mixture and mix well so it all comes together.
- Divide between 6 muffin cases (in a tin) to fill to the top then chill in the fridge.
- Melt the coconut oil, cashew paste and white chocolate then drizzle over each one. Sprinkle over desiccated coconut and raspberries and chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set – then enjoy!