Salted Caramel Cookie Ocean nut butter…How does that sound for a tub of peanut butter?? Thanks to the guys at The Protein Works, this is “a ground-breaking innovation that sets a new standard in peanut butters.” Their Innovation Team have combined the super nutritionals of ever popular peanut butter with indulgent treats, resulting in a “culinary masterpiece” you can consume on its own or use as an ingredient. Containing no palm oil, Loaded Nuts tubs are vegetarian friendly and packed with protein, containing 19g per 100g, naturally sourced from premium grade peanuts.
Working in paid collaboration with the brand using this variety of nut butter, I’ve created a really easy but incredibly delicious blondie recipe combining high protein chickpeas (don’t knock it, they make awesome blondies!) with raspberries and salted caramel peanut butter for an absolute delight or a treat / snack / breakfast on the go / after dinner sweet fix. Feel free to add cocoa powder to make them into brownies, or swap raspberries for strawberries or blueberries – hell, even add chocolate chips into the mixture too and go mad 🙂
- 1 large banana
- 1 x can chickpeas or butterbeans, drained
- 2 tablespoons The Protein Works Loaded Nuts Salted Caramel Cookie Ocean nut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons milk of choice
- 100g oat flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online wholegrain oat flour)
- 100g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To decorate –
- 3 tablespoons The Protein Works Loaded Nuts Salted Caramel Cookie Ocean nut butter
- Frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Place the banana, drained chickpeas or butterbeans, nut butter, maple syrup and milk in a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and blend well until quite thick and smooth.
- Add in the flour, almonds, baking powder and vanilla and blend again until combined and smooth.
- Spread out into the lined tin. Spoon over dollops of the nut butter and swirl around. Scatter over some raspberries and push down gently.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and firmed up. Leave to cool then cut into 9-12 bars and enjoy!
Fancy getting a 25% discount off Loaded Nuts (or Legends protein bars)? Simply use the code SPAMELLA when you get to the checkout! Enjoy <3