A tasty, healthy and high protein breakfast in a bar – say hey to these colourful, protein-packed snacks bursting with juicy berries and crisp pear pieces. You can enjoy these at breakfast time or as a snack at any time of day, and feel free to vary up the fruits you use in this recipe: apples, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches…The list goes on!
- 150g oats
- 3 tablespoons protein powder (I used Bioglan’s Beauty blend)
- 20g gluten-free flour (I used Dove’s Farm Freee)
- 75g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (I used Yum & Yay)
- 100ml milk of choice (I used Yum & Yay)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Maple From Cananda)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (I used Meridian Foods)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pear, diced
- 70g frozen berries
- Place the oats in a blender and whizz up until a rough flour has formed.
- Add in the protein powder, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, eggs, milk, syrup, nut butter and vanilla and whizz up again until you have a batter mixture.
- Gently fold in the pear pieces and berries then spoon into a greased and lined 9x9in baking tin.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes until golden and firmed up. Leave to cool then cut into 9-12 bars. Enjoy! Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.