Snacks to make for the week ahead ✌️ To get you through lockdown, give the kids energy (and you!) for homeschooling, a boost between work or fuel after a run / walk / home workout… These bars are packed with protein, good fats, slow release carbs, plus flavour and texture. Add in any other dried fruits or nuts you like, or even some dark chocolate chunks if you want to make them that little more indulgent!
- 150g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Pip & Nut)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Maple From Canada)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g granola of choice
- 30g cornflakes
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used Free Soul vegan vanilla)
- 30g dried cranberries
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (I used The Chia Company)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup. Add to a blender or food processor with the soaked (and drained) dates and blend well until quite thick and smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the granola, cornflakes, protein powder, cranberries, seeds and cinnamon.
- Add in the blended date mixture and mix really well until incorporated. Spread into a greased and lined 9x9in tin and smooth out well. Bake at 180C for 10 minutes then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 9-12 bars while still in the tin then cool.